Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

Another Year?!

I can't believe another year is coming to a close! It seems they go faster and faster with each one!
I guess the saying is true! Time flies when you're having fun! I feel truly blessed!



My Christmas gift this year was a new laptop for my business and my writing. I absolutely adore it, and there is nothing more I really wanted. My husband recently said, I feel like I should get you something else in addition to the laptop. This prompted an inventory of my wants almost like a kid in a candy store. My first thought was a new purse...you know, one of the high-end fancy named ones. And that quickly faded, I realized that I don't really need anything. This thought led to the following inventory of my life this past year...

We have had our typical ups and downs of a large family. But we had many highlights to our year and are growing much closer as a family unit! We make it a point to eat dinner together every night (at least during the week and typically on Sundays). The girls are taking an interest in helping me with making meals and baking, which makes it all much more fulfilling. Everyone takes turns setting the table and cleaning up. One of the twins and I just started our own recipe book comprised of our favorite dishes and some new ones we want to try! I love that everyone is helping more and becoming more involved in a family tradition in our home!

Santa is officially back in our lives for the first time in a while and it's been a fun addition. My youngest is so sweet when he says Ho Ho Ho! When he sat on Santa's lap he wasn't all that impressed with Jolly Guy, but it was so sweet just the same because he grabbed his white glove and held his hand the whole time he sat on his lap!
The older kids have a new excitement surrounding the holiday, for the last few years it was all about them and what they wanted. But they seem to be seeing how much more Christmas means!
The baby is almost old enough that he and his older brother will be sharing a room in 2012. I am as excited as they are! They love playing together and I'm looking forward to them being together more!

2011 has been one of our tougher years as a family, but we have found our own small victories and as we look back through it all, we have had a very successful year!
My life is nowhere near perfect, BUT I LOVE IT! I wouldn't change a single thing! I pray and hope 2012 is just as wonderful!

Happy Holidays to all of you! I wish you many blessings and happiness in the New Year!