Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Christmas Blessings

As we've decorated for Christmas this year, my little guy's eyes have been so bright as he discovers so many new things around him! He LOVES the tree and the four older kids helped him hang some ornaments. They have a renewed interest in all things Santa and things they were "too cool" for once they learned the identity of Santa and Mrs. Clause.





Since we decorated he constantly pulls the ornaments back off, but he still looks at the twinkling lights and all the beauty of this season with a genuine innocence and complete awe. When we went to visit Santa at the mall, he looked up at the huge tree and gasped, all he repeatedly said was "WOW!" 

I know I've made this type of statement previously, but I truly think seeing through his eyes reminds our whole family that Christmas means so much more than what we find under the tree Christmas morning!


My true Christmas gifts typically aren't found under the tree! 
My gift this year will last a lifetime as I remember seeing Christmas through my children's eyes!