Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Real (Part 1)

REAL...
This word has been playing out in my head and life constantly over the last few weeks!
I have built a library of posts that are ready to be posted and as I was contemplating what this next blog post would be about, it hit me that I had to begin writing about this trend!
If you read my blog somewhat regularly, you know that no matter what the subject, I try to keep a positive tone to my thoughts and posts.

So please hang in there with me as I try writing in a voice that is just speaking my mind.
The last few days have have been VERY rough on myself and my family! I can't write something positive when I am not feeling that in my heart right now. So, my first post about being being "REAL" wasn't going to be about ME, but I realize it's got to be! I think in this day and age, there are zillions of blogs out there and most of them have MANY great qualities to them and their authors.
If I were not real with you, my readers, I'm doing us both a disservice!

REAL...
Last week my nephew passed away. He was only 23...he OD'd on drugs while drinking alcohol. This has rocked our family to the core! It's another example of "It CAN happen to me". He left behind his parents, 4 younger siblings and a nephew in his immediate family. Not to mention his grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, etc. who are trying to come to terms with a void in their lives.
There are so many what if's that come to mind. My heart just aches for my brother and sister-in-law and our niece and nephews. Nothing will ever be the same!

On top of our worlds being rocked by his death and trying to help our kids grieve in healthy ways, I got hit by a stomach bug and bronchitis. On from 10pm Saturday until 7pm Sunday, I don't think I was out of bed more than a few hours put together. To say this past weekend was challenging is an understatement, but it's REAL, it is what is going on in my life right now.


SO...my question to myself since last Friday is, how to we turn all this into something positive? What can be learned from all of this? Paul and I have talked at length together and with the kids since he came home Friday night.
We have talked to the kids on how they treat each other and not to assume that there's always tomorrow...
And then there are the lessons to be learned about drugs and alcohol...



But, I am hoping that there is more to come from such a HUGE loss to our family! I hope and I pray that God's purpose and plan will be shown sooner rather than later in this situation, but alas, it's all in His time and who am I to ask him to rush it!?

The word real has also been coming up in many other ways, while I'll be sharing with you another day! Make today real!

Thanks for reading and letting me be REAL!
Heather