Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Are You Motivated?

I mean are you TRULY motivated? What motivates you?  Time, money, feelings of "success" or something totally different? How do you stay motivated? An even better question is how do you avoid "burn out"?


Have you ever noticed how many motivation theories and models there are out there? With all these theories and the research that's been done credit or discredit them, to my knowledge there is no clear cut, definitive factor or theory that holds true the majority of the time with the majority of people.

I find myself asking why?  What don't we know? Oh that's right, I don't know what I don't know!



Motivation is defined as an internal or external process that initiates, guides and maintains goal-oriented behaviors.  There is a lot to be read between the lines of this definition.  I think the key point is that motivation is internal and external.  The more internal motivation we have the more motivated we typically remain through career ups and downs.

As I research and read, I have found that there are 4 fundamentals to motivation.  When our work creates and promotes happiness, feelings of achievement and importance and fostering the ability to create a lasting legacy motivation is at it's highest!

When our work, whether in an office or out of the home, ignites a fire deep inside of us, it's no longer work!  It becomes our passion!  Money is important, but if you only work to make money, burn out is assured!  Finding your purpose and passion is a sure fire way to find your happiness, achievement, importance and leave a long standing legacy!


Don't wait to be motivated by something external! Live and work with PASSION!

Love & Hugs,
Heather