Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Stand up...Is IT In YOU?

Find YOUR Passion!


I made a post on Facebook earlier and wanted to share my thoughts here as well.  Here is what I said:

"I'm saddened by all the hate going on right now on social media. No matter who you voted for, it is what it is! Stop hating...both sides are doing it! The behavior I am seeing from adults on both sides make it clear why we have so many issues in this country. Stop the bullying & negativity! 
Take what you have learned & put it to positive use! Ne proactive and stand up for what you believe in lif
e not just on Facebook! That is what our country truly needs!
Our country is blessed with freedoms so many do not have! Be thankful and try loving one another and working together for the greater good!
(That is my prayer for all of you! Strength to make a change and love in your heart to be kind as you do it!)"

I feel very strongly about this subject!  Our country is filled with so much hate, distrust and bullying.  And I am only speaking right now of adults.  What are we teaching our children? 
Yes we have the freedom of speech and to pursue happiness, but is that what we are accomplishing?  I think our country's Founding Fathers would roll over in the grave by what our society is filled with today.  

I am not backing either party at this time with this post, because I see it from all sides!  One is no better than the other on this subject in my opinion.

We need to come together as a country and treat each other with respect for their thoughts and feelings.  No matter who is President, Jesus is King! In my opinion, two of the biggest themes in the Bible are Love and Forgiveness.  

I encourage all of you, instead of just posting negativity on Social Media platforms, STAND UP!  Use your voice, by all means, but do it in a positive way that will make a difference.  You have these strong feelings in you, USE them! Be proactive!  You have this power and these rights for a reason! If it isn't politics that get you heated and passionate, find what does, and MAKE A DIFFERENCE! What you feel strongly about matters, YOU matter!

Love & Hugs!
Heather

P.S. Stay tuned this week for some VERY exciting news from This Life As I Love It!