10 Success Tips
Every Parent Needs to Use!!
- Move your kids towards "CONFIDENCE!" Tell them (1) You are special (2) You are important (3) You matter to me!
- A little time spent with your child each day amounts to a lot!
- When your kids ask for your attention stop what you are doing and give it to them. By doing this, you are showing them that they are important!
- Tell your child, "You are unique.” It is important to appreciate the amazing qualities your kids have and focus on them."
- When children set goals for themselves they are more likely to achieve them. Help your child write down his or her full goal Statement on a piece of paper and have them carry it with them wherever they go!
- Getting better at something doesn't have to take a lot of time, but it does require determination. A little time spent on one thing everyday can make a BIG difference.
- Encouragement means Acknowledgement! Say statements such as, “You did it!” “Great Job!” Daily!
- Mistakes Happen! Encourage children to so better the next time! It helps your child to accept their own shortcomings.
- Provide children with experiences for success!
- Give children and “I Can Attitude” Can’t means won’t! Can means I will try!